corner corner Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll (BBC Original Audio)

Doctor Who: The Day of the Troll (BBC Original Audio)
by Simon Messingham | Audiobooks
Registered by wingLamillawing of Minsk, anywhere Belarus on 11/1/2012

status (set by maijuli): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingLamillawing from Minsk, anywhere Belarus on Thursday, November 01, 2012

2 CD, read by David Tennant

The Tenth Doctor story while travelling alone

Journal Entry 2 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Is going to Finland as a trade

Journal Entry 3 by wingLamillawing at by mail, A book trade -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 21, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/21/2013 UTC) at by mail, A book trade -- Controlled Releases

Traded for The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gattis.
I buble-wrapped it and included a copy of Vortex (Big Finish magazine), hope it'll travel safe.
Enjoy Tennant's lovely Scottish accent!

Journal Entry 4 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thank you! I was fangirling when I picked this up from our post office and I'm still fangirling. =) I think I'll go to sleep tonight with David Tennant's wonderful voice. Dying with happiness. Best trade ever. =)

Journal Entry 5 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 31, 2013

This was easy to listen, because the sory isn't long and David Tennant<3. I enjoyed the story too, it's nice to know more about the time when the Doctor travels alone without a companion. And I love the monster and the background music. And now I have a terrbile urge to watch Doctor Who! I'm going to London next August and I have a feeling that The Who shop is going to get all my money... I'm not going to keep this to myself, but I'll wait until I find a next Doctor Who enthuastic to listen it. =)

Journal Entry 6 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 04, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (3/5/2013 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I found a next listener from Finland, so I'll be sending this forward tomorrow. =) Enjoy. It's nice to send something else than books for a change.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Squee! Thank you, Slipperbunny!

Journal Entry 8 by wingmynttiwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Not the most original plot in the world, but it was nice to get a new Doctor Who story. It was easy to imagine this as an episode of the tv series. Entertaining, that's what it was.

The audio book goes next to Kemppu.

Journal Entry 9 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

My first bookcrossing audio book is about the Doctor. Very cool. Thank you for sharing, everyone!

Journal Entry 10 by Kemppu at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, April 05, 2013

It was nice to listen a book instead of reading one for a change. Especially a book about my favourite Doctor, and read by David Tennant no less. As far as Doctor Who stories go, this wasn't the best of them, but it was entertaining. I was happy that the troll wasn't a "traditional" troll, since trolls are not among my favourite fantasy creatures. They even managed to include some tentacles in the story. Heh heh.
I can't bear to wild release an audio book (esp. one like this), so I'll keep it in my available self until I find someone who wants to listen to it. Perhaps another hopeless fan... :)

P.S. Next listeners of this CD: Do not make the mistake of playing it while the suffle setting of your cd or media player is on. At first I thought that the story sure is all wibbly wobbly timey wimey...

Journal Entry 11 by Kemppu at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/6/2013 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to the next listener. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by maijuli at Haapajärvi, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thank you, Kemppu, for sending this CD to me.