corner corner The Rich Part of Life : A Novel

The Rich Part of Life : A Novel
by Jim Kokoris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by yourotherleft of Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 11/18/2003

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, November 18, 2003

TBR

Journal Entry 2 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

This is the last of a bunch of "unknown" books I picked up at some bargain basement book store in Gettysburg....all of which turned out to be pretty good books!

This book has a bunch of serious themes but Kokoris handles them with a light touch, filling his book with humor and successfully making use of a child narrator - which is a rare feat. Kokoris at once has the power to make you laugh out loud with quick and unexpected jokes such as Teddy imagining french fries frying in his friend's greasy hair or referring to his younger brother as "the nosepicker." But amid all the laughable situations that arise from the winning of the lottery, a lot of serious ones arise, too. Kokoris brings to life Teddy's father who struggles under the burden of his unexpected windfall as all number of people seek him out to solicit money and someone else shows up with even more sinister motives. By the end, you are rooting for this lost family to find itself amid the chaos of winning the lottery, and I wasn't disappointed. A good read with a hilarious yet plausible plot and characters that really come to life.

I'll be mailing this out to Mysterious who won it from me in the huge ALS on BookObsessed. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Mysterious from Cicero, New York USA on Friday, June 01, 2007

It is always a special occassion when I received this book I had no idea was coming. :D

The fact this is from an ALS explains it all, LOL the fast pace running and grabbing, stealing and revealing, I think it was all a blur

Thanks so much

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, July 13, 2008

This is the only way I can mark this book released since *LOGIN* hasn't worked for months no matter what browser I use after the last changes a few months ago.

Book is being mailed to UT

~ Mysterious ~