corner corner A Womans Life

A Womans Life
by Rachel Billington | Literature & Fiction
Registered by CityLibraries of Townsville, Queensland Australia on Friday, October 26, 2012

status (set by jacana): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by CityLibraries from Townsville, Queensland Australia on Friday, October 26, 2012

enjoy

Journal Entry 2 by CityLibraries at Thuringowa Central Library in Townsville, Queensland Australia on Friday, October 26, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/26/2012 UTC) at Thuringowa Central Library in Townsville, Queensland Australia

enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by jacana at Townsville, Queensland Australia on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Found at the bookcrossing area of the Thuringowa library - added to my reading list.

Journal Entry 4 by jacana at Kirwan Health Campus in Townsville, Queensland Australia on Monday, May 20, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (5/19/2013 UTC) at Kirwan Health Campus in Townsville, Queensland Australia

The book is about 3 very different women, each with a different background, personality and culture. The author has woven in a variety of world events, from Vietnam to IRA to Holocaust - not entirely successfully! With such a wide geographic and cultural canvas, it is a challenge to find a credible way to unify the story's parts. I found the unlikely friendship barely credible. The attempt to include such a wide range of world events and issues meant that none was really dealt with in any depth, and characters remained fairly shallow. So .. the book didn't really grab me, though it did make an easy read.

I left it in the waiting area in the main reception.