corner corner The Best Spanish Recipes

The Best Spanish Recipes
by Parragon | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 10/22/2012

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, December 06, 2012

The wonderful cuisine of Spain has been shaped over hundreds of centuries by a succession of invaders! Although the Phoenicians, Romans, and Moors are long gone, their culinary influence is still felt in the grapevines, olive groves, rice fields, and in the delicious selection of fruit and vegetables grown today in this rugged, beautiful country. This book has a wonderful selection of recipes to give you a taste of Spanish life, from a leisurely tapas to share with friends to a sociable paella, served from the pan!

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, July 19, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/19/2013 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Jpix to help with The Long Jump challenge.
I like the idea of this particular book going across the world. :)
Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingJPixwing at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thanks very much for helping Team Shire with the Long Jump event in the Bookcrossing Olympics. Thanks also for the Madrid magnet gift! I'll send this on the second leg of the journey to New Zealand soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingJPixwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (7/25/2013 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Sent to Captainsdoxy in Wellington, New Zealand. This book is Team Shire's entry for the Long Jump event in the Bookcrossing Olympics 2013.

The aim of the Long Jump event is for the book to get as far as possible from it's starting point, and then be wild released, by the end of the summer. This book started the summer in Madrid, Spain and will end it in Wellington, New Zealand, a distance of about 19,850 km.
Edit: As Captainsdoxy released the book in Hastings, New Zealand the book travelled even further - 19,920 km.

Thanks to Bookworm-lady and Captainsdoxy for your help!

Journal Entry 5 by Captainsdoxy at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Oops sorry I received this a couple of weeks ago and between work and earthquakes I didn't get around to journaling it.

Beautiful book and some delicious recipes - if I hadn't promised to release it I would have put it on my recipe book shelf.

Good luck with the challenge!

Journal Entry 6 by Captainsdoxy at Hawke's Bay Hospital in Hastings, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/20/2013 UTC) at Hawke's Bay Hospital in Hastings, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand

Left on a table in Hastings Hospital. Hopefully the book will get a journal entry from its finder, but that's in the lap of the gods.

Let me know whether you win the challenge! :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Hastings, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Friday, August 23, 2013

Excellent Spanish Recipe Book!