corner corner The Sisterhood

The Sisterhood
by Emily Barr | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/21/2012

status (set by Mink-Butterfly): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 21, 2012

We all have a dark side...

Elizabeth Greene is devastated when her boyfriend of ten years leaves her for someone else. After a night of drowning her sorrows leads to an unexpected one-night stand, Elizabeth finds herself pregnant, alone and vulnerable.

Helen has just discovered she has a sister she didn't know she had. Bored with her privileged life in France and driven by a need to gain her parents' approval, Helen sets out to find her sister and reunite her with her long-lost mother.

When her search leads her to Elizabeth the two women become closely linked. But their connection to one another is founded on a dark deception, with the truth having extreme consequences...

(ex-library book)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 22, 2012

"I've always felt something was missing. And then I found out I had a sister I never knew existed. Elizabeth Greene:I had to meet her"...

...so off Helen goes to find her long-lost sister & what a page-turner that journey is! This gripping novel had me hooked.

It's written from Helen & Liz's viewpoints & this works really well as it means we, the reader, not only know the reasoning behind Helen doing what she does but we also learn the consequences that her actions have on Liz's life....& of the lives of those around her.

It's a sinister tale & a compelling read, I couldn't put it down for wondering what would happen next - although I did spot one "twist" coming there was another I certainly hadn't predicted! Highly recommended :o)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Trinity Leeds in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 15, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (6/15/2013 UTC) at Trinity Leeds in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Added to the bookshelf (for once I left more than I took!)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 4 by Mink-Butterfly at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 14, 2013

I picked up this book today at the Trinity Shopping Centre in Leeds. It looks interesting, so I shall add it to my To Be Read pile.