corner corner Promise Not To Tell

Promise Not To Tell
by Jennifer McMahon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

status (set by rainbow3): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

PROMISE NOT TO TELL – JENNIFER McMAHON (2007)
ISBN: 978-0-7528-8298-7

Cover: “I killed someone tonight…”
In order to truly explain it, I’ll have to tell the whole story…not just the murder in the woods ten days ago, but one that happened more that thirty years before…

‘I know who you are.’ Those were the first words Kate’s mother said to her the night she returned home – the same night a young girl was horrifically murdered. The crime eerily mirrored another from Kate’s childhood when her misfit friend Del, shunned and derided by her classmates, was brutally slain. Del’s killer was never found, and Del achieved immortality in local legends and ghost stories.

Now, as the new murder investigation draws Kate irresistibly in, her past and present collide in terrifying and unexpected ways. But nothing is quite what it seems – and the grim spectres of her childhood are far from forgotten…

‘Combining murder mystery and coming-of-age tale…this taut novel in above all a reflection on the haunting power of memory’ ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

---------------------
PLEASE NOTE: this no longer belongs to Aberdeen City Libraries - it is a WITHDRAWN library book.
---------------------

Slow burn pace, bit bleak, if I just close my eyes I can pretend this isn’t happening sort of thing, was not in the mood for this so to be honest only skimmed it. I’ll admit I could easily have got the wrong idea of this as I was looking for cosy and this was stealthily menacing. Plan releasing it as expect someone else out there in the reading world will find it just their cup of tea.

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Costa Coffee, Cults in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/14/2012 UTC) at Costa Coffee, Cults in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

THIS LOOKS LIKE A LIKELY HALLOWEEN RELEASE!

If you've found this book and you're new to this, (((WELCOME))) to bookcrossing!

Please, once ready, pass this book on to other readers to keep it travelling!
I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, rainbow3, as your referring member.

Leaving bookcrossing books in cafes, waiting rooms, public areas with information stands, and sheltered places in beauty spots (zip-seal plastic bags are useful here) makes for great surprises for others! HAPPY READING!
---------------------

UPDATE: Wednesday 06 March 2013 ~ had a potential other plan for this and as it was still on the window ledge scooped it up again late 2012 but returned it today to Costa’s windows sill again.

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Picked this up again, on Wed 12 Jun 13, from Costa where it was still lounging in the window, though I’d release it in Orkney. Instead am releasing it on the ferry up so - big excitement - it could even make it to Shetland even if I don’t!

Journal Entry 4 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hum, I am on the ferry to Orkney on the internet as i go - big excitement - however the Northlink Ferry connection seems to have hic-ups and I am getting double entries... ...just like this one in fact!

Journal Entry 5 by rainbow3 at Somewhere in the Orkney’s ~ as chance allows ~ in Orkney Islands, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (6/13/2013 UTC) at Somewhere in the Orkney’s ~ as chance allows ~ in Orkney Islands, Scotland United Kingdom

Fingers crossed, I popped this book on a windowsill as I made my way from the Hrolf Bar to the shop on board the MV Hjaltland, Northlink Ferry travelling from Aberdeen to Shetland, via Orkney. Result, the book has gone, whoop its travelling free in the world. Finger crossing, like book crossing obviously works. This pleasing vanishing added an extra lightness to my step when I noticed as I made my way back to give my Mum the Orcadian newspaper, and Orkney Living.
---------------------

If you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME! BookCrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy.

I would love it if you would leave a note/journal entry – perhaps; where you found the book; or how you liked it if you read it and where you left it. Do take a few minutes to check out this site. You can remain anonymous if you wish – though if you do decide to join BookCrossing – joining’s free and confidential!

It’s a fun surprise for others to find BookCrossing books in cafes, waiting rooms, public areas alongside information stands, and even sheltered places in beauty spots (zip-seal plastic bags are useful in that instance)! Once ready, please pass this book on to other readers to keep it travelling! HAPPY READING!