corner corner Revenge of the Tide

Revenge of the Tide
by Elizabeth Haynes | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by AngelChild of Otham, Kent United Kingdom on 9/26/2012

status (set by loopy1): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by AngelChild from Otham, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ive been reading with interest a lot of the other reviews of this book whilst I was reading it. I feel it is a little unfair to compare it to Into The Darkest Corner, Elizabeth Haynes first book, because they are entirely different! Yes, you still have the intrigue and thriller aspect, but, this one lulls you into a false sense of security, rather than throwing you in from the beginning. The pace is slower, but in some ways I preferred that, I felt I could take my time with the book, rather than trying to consume it in 48 hours (like I did with the first).

Great story (I'm thinking I quite like the idea of living on a house boat now lol) and I like the way that throughout, I didn't have to feel sorry for Genevieve.

I LOVE Haynes style, I will definitely be reading book No 3 :o)

Journal Entry 2 by AngelChild at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/29/2012 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

This book is going with me to the UnCon :o)

Journal Entry 3 by loopy1 at Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, September 30, 2012

I saw this book being put on the table at the unconvention, and having just heard a talk by the author, including an excerpt being read, I felt it was about time I read it!

Journal Entry 4 by loopy1 at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, October 14, 2012

And again I've had it proved that I shouldn't reject books simply because those recommending it include the words "a friend of mine wrote it" ;)
I wasn't sure I sympathised particularly with Genevieve, I must admit. Her lifestyle choices weren't those that I would make. As she says, a vicious spiral where the worse her life got the more she was drawn into it because she needed the money to be able to leave it. However, I frequently found myself unable to put this book down in the evenings, which is a pleasant change these days when I find it hard to focus on any kind of sustained reading, and it had a satisfying ending. It also added an extra dimension to my reading having listened to the author talk about the book at the unconvention, so now I'll be heading towards the other of her books that I picked up, while this copy has gone round the corner for my mother in law to read. I'll then be wild-releasing it somewhere in the Thanet area, I expect.