corner corner Into the Darkest Corner

Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 9/23/2012

status (set by loopy1): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

From fantasticfiction.co.uk

Catherine has been enjoying the single life for long enough to know a good catch when she sees one. Gorgeous, charismatic, spontaneous - Lee seems almost too perfect to be true. And her friends clearly agree, as each in turn falls under his spell. But there is a darker side to Lee. His erratic, controlling and sometimes frightening behaviour means that Catherine is increasingly isolated. Driven into the darkest corner of her world, and trusting no one, she plans a meticulous escape. Four years later, struggling to overcome her demons, Catherine dares to believe she might be safe from harm. Until one phone call changes everything. This is an edgy and powerful first novel, utterly convincing in its portrayal of obsession, and a tour de force of suspense.

Even though I found this an uncomfortable read I didn't want to put it down, I just had to keep reading. I will be on the lookout for more by this author.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/28/2012 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

This will be released at the UK UnCon in Colchester.

Journal Entry 3 by loopy1 at Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, September 30, 2012

I found this book on the table at the unconvention, and since I knew that the author was the friend of a friend and would be giving a talk the next day I thought I'd better pick this one up and give it a go :) Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by loopy1 at Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, October 29, 2012

An amazing book. I read this after hearing the author talk about it at the bookcrossing unconvention, and I was blown away by it. Read it in two days, with an enforced break for sleep - but found myself checking the door thoroughly! A disturbing book, but one well worth reading. Two timelines expertly woven together tell the story of Catherine as she recovers from domestic abuse.
I'll be wild releasing this book sometime soon.