corner corner Used Women's Book Club

Used Women's Book Club
by Paul Bryers | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Elandria of not specified on 9/12/2012

status (set by Elandria): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Elandria from not specified, not specified not specified on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

On the night a book group meets to swap novels, the husband of one of its members borrows a flat in which to have an illicit affair. It isn't the first time Larry has made himself scarce for one of Rob's adulterous flings, but tonight Rob is viciously beaten to death with a fisherman's hook. Is a modern-day Jack the Ripper on the loose? Can Larry work out who will be attacked next? And what is the link to the "Used Women's Book Club?" The suspicion and fear growing between this group of friends is making them all sick to their stomachs as the killer tears along, leaving blood and lives strewn through the streets of East London.

29.09.2012: After starting to read this book twice and wrestling through the first 60 pages, I put it down. The story is very erratic and starts at a (for me) totally illogical point in the timeline. It took me quite a while to figure out what the story is actually about. Hopefully it finds a better home with its next reader.

Journal Entry 2 by Elandria at Prinsentuin in Groningen, Groningen Netherlands on Monday, October 15, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/15/2012 UTC) at Prinsentuin in Groningen, Groningen Netherlands

Released at one of my favorite spots in the Groningen city centre.

Howdy! Hallo! Bonjour! Ciao! Holà!
I am a very special book. You see I am travelling around the world making new friends. I hope I’ve met another friend in you. Please go to http://www.bookcrossing.com and enter my BCID (BookCrossing Identity) number shown below. You’ll discover where I have been, who has read me, and can let them know I’m safe here in your hands. Then… read and release me!