corner corner My Love Must Wait

My Love Must Wait
by Ernestine Hill | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jacaranda-merry of Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, August 24, 2012

status (set by tiddley): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by jacaranda-merry from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, August 24, 2012

"When Matthew Flinders set sail from England in July 1801, he was forced to leave behind his young bride of only a few weeks, Ann Chappell. He didn't see her again for more than nine years. During that time he carried out incredible feats of seamanship, circumnavigated Australia and made the first charts of much of its coastline, was shipwrecked and later held prisoner by the French on Mauritius.

"Meticulously researched and written with great insight and sensitivity, My Love Must Wait is both a tender portrayal of faithful devotion and a stirring re-creation of the courage and endurance of one of history's greatest seamen."

First published back in 1941 I enjoyed this tale of my favourite explorer Matthew Flinders, a very able boy from the Boston Fens of Lincolnshire who achieved much but through circumstances and possibly character flaws suffered much as well.

Journal Entry 2 by jacaranda-merry at Pineapple Hotel Steakhouse - Kangaroo Point in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, August 24, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (8/25/2012 UTC) at Pineapple Hotel Steakhouse - Kangaroo Point in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

At Brisbane BC meetup at Pineapple Hotel, Kangaroo Point, or later in the general vicinity.

Journal Entry 3 by tiddley at Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, November 09, 2012

Picked up at meet up at Kangaroo Point, looking forwrd to reading this one!!!