corner corner The Last Victim: A True-Life Journey into the Mind of the Serial Killer

Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I received this book in a bag of assorted titles from a freecycler. I had every intention of reading it as it seems so interesting. But I haven't yet, so we shall see what I do with it shortly, right? lol. ;)

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at By Mail, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 31, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/31/2012 UTC) at By Mail, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Part of me really wanted to give this a try. But my other part of me won out and I decided that I didn't want to know what went on inside a serial killers head! Plus, the VBB came up and I was cleaning up my bookshelf. Happy travels to this book.

Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Caught for my: Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, June 14, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (6/14/2013 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Bkind2Books from my Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, June 21, 2013

I got this one in the mail today - thanks for the package, Jenny!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Sunday, October 04, 2015

This was a fast but very difficult read. Jason Moss was an 18 year old college student when he got the idea that he wanted to study serial killers in preparation for a career in profiling/law enforcement/ criminal law. However, instead of just reading or collecting information in a traditional way, he decided to use himself (and later his brother as well) as bait for some of the most notorious serial killers, including Richard Ramirez (Night Stalker), Charles, Manson, and John Wayne Gacy. It was Gacy, however, who seemed to get the best of Moss. He used him to advance his own sick agenda. It is clear that Gacy was a master manipulator - he was able to persuade Jason to speak with him on a regular basis and even went so far as to bring him to Illinois (from Nevada) for 2 meetings at the prison. Those meetings were horrific and broke down Moss. Moss did become his final victim. While Gacy did not kill him, he psychologically terrorized him.

As a sad conclusion to this story (not included since this was published in 1999), Jason Moss did go on to become a criminal attorney. He committed suicide on 6-6-06. Much has been made of the significance of the date (666) - was this a coincidence or a Satanic reference? Moss had studied Satanism while he was in contact with Richard Ramirez and there are at least some who think that his contact with these disturbed minds - essentially becoming a victim - may have propelled his suicide.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Adding to booklady331's Nonfiction VBB

Journal Entry 8 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (2/1/2016 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending from the Nonfiction VBB
DC# 9549 0122 8978 6033 2101 08

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, February 07, 2016

Book arrived today in the mail - barely. The cover was ripped half opened, but it made it. Thank you so much for sharing this book with me. I am trying to read more non-fiction.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, January 26, 2018

Hard to believe that his parents let him write letters and receive calls from a serial killer(s) . The book was not what I expected. I thought it was going to be more of a psychological research, but is about this teen’s obsession with serial killers. It is more of a memoir. Actually, what he did was not so much brave as stupid. Many things are hard to believe that it actually happened. The book is not for criminal psychology research. He talks about pretending to be a jock or a stoner by 'learning their language'. Whose the real psychopath here?

One lesson that I take away from this book is that a person can NOT fill their heads, hearts, and souls with darkness without being affected. Jason didn’t write about anything positive that he used to counteract the evil that he was filling his head, heart, and soul with. My heart is sadden to learn of his suicide. In some ways, he is Gacy’s Last Victim.

Reserved for VBB