corner corner Journey into fear

Journey into fear
by Eric Ambler | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by gkcpula of Pula (Pola), Istria Croatia on Monday, August 20, 2012

status (set by rubaig89): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by gkcpula from Pula (Pola), Istria Croatia on Monday, August 20, 2012

Eric Clifford Ambler was an influential British author of spy novels who introduced a new realism to the genre. Ambler also used the pseudonym Eliot Reed for books co-written with Charles Rodda.

Journey into Fear is a 1940 spy thriller novel. The protagonist is a British engineer traveling back from Turkey, where he had completed high-level technical talks which could help cement a Turkish-British alliance in the recently-started Second World War. German spies seek to assassinate him...

Film adaptations were released in 1943 and 1975.

Journal Entry 2 by gkcpula at Riva Hostel Pula in Pula (Pola), Istria Croatia on Monday, August 20, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/20/2012 UTC) at Riva Hostel Pula in Pula (Pola), Istria Croatia

We figured that traveling books should meet some travelers, so we are releasing this book at the Riva Hostel Pula. Hope you are enjoying your stay in Pula and you will spend some time with our book on your journey!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Haven't read it yet!

Journal Entry 4 by rubaig89 at Hồ Chí Minh City (Saigon), Ho Chi Minh City Province Vietnam on Friday, October 25, 2013

Found it in the lobby of a hotel in the backpacker's area of the city. I plan to read it as I continue on my journey.