corner corner Ragtime

Ragtime
by E.L. DOCTOROW | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingSecretariatwing of Carlsbad, California USA on Sunday, August 19, 2012

status (set by Secretariat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingSecretariatwing from Carlsbad, California USA on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Club Selection

Journal Entry 2 by wingSecretariatwing at Carlsbad, California USA on Monday, August 27, 2012

Now I understand why this book is on so many of the 'best of' lists. It's terrific.

Doctorow gives his reader a wonderful tour of the major U.S./Mexico historical events at the turn of the 20th century, all while creating fabulous, unforgettable characters. Along the way we meet Houdini, Peary, Goldman, Zapata, Ford, J. P. Morgan, Villa, and others, some of whom we admire/like and some we don't. Each of his characters is rich, often gravely flawed, but always interesting. Do yourself an immense favor, read this book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSecretariatwing at 750 B Street in San Diego, California USA on Friday, September 07, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (9/8/2012 UTC) at 750 B Street in San Diego, California USA

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Secretariat. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.