corner corner Temeraire (Temeraire 1) [a.k.a. His Majesty's Dragon]

by Naomi Novik | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Hayes13 of Roma, Lazio Italy on 8/16/2012

status (set by Hayes13): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Hayes13 from Roma, Lazio Italy on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aerial combat brings a thrilling new dimension to the Napoleonic Wars as valiant warriors rise to Britain’s defense by taking to the skies . . . not aboard aircraft but atop the mighty backs of fighting dragons.

When HMS Reliant captures a French frigate and seizes its precious cargo, an unhatched dragon egg, fate sweeps Capt. Will Laurence from his seafaring life into an uncertain future–and an unexpected kinship with a most extraordinary creature. Thrust into the rarified world of the Aerial Corps as master of the dragon Temeraire, he will face a crash course in the daring tactics of airborne battle. For as France’s own dragon-borne forces rally to breach British soil in Bonaparte’s boldest gambit, Laurence and Temeraire must soar into their own baptism of fire.

This book is being released for the 2012 Monopoly Challenge. This is turn 11 for team Iron: Hotels. Sir Francis Drake was also known as Draco, or the Dragon, so I think this is the perfect place for this very fun book.

Journal Entry 2 by Hayes13 at Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco, California USA on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/25/2012 UTC) at Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco, California USA

Hello Happy Reader!! I'm so glad you found the book that I released "in the wild". I hope you will make a journal entry to tell me where and when you found it.

You can choose to remain anonymous or to join. It's free and completely anonymous. Your name and email will never be given out to anyone.

Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or set it free for someone else to find as you did.

Happy Reading