corner corner Cold Comfort Farm

Cold Comfort Farm
by Stella Gibbons | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 8/15/2012

status (set by DubaiReader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Registered as part of my personal challenge to release some of my favourite books ever.

The heroine moves into the run down farm of some relatives and applies rational thinking to turn around the lives of all of them. This may be the funniest thing I've ever read. Utterly hilarious, definitely recommend. It was written in the 1930s as a parody of some other books of the time, but stands alone and has probably outlasted lots of the works it parodies.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at Kings Langley, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (11/29/2012 UTC) at Kings Langley, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent to DubaiReader from Alphabet VBB round 3. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Monday, December 17, 2012

Thanks Greenbadger, the book has arrived safely.
This was recommended to me by a friend who then recorded me a podcast on an Mp3.
Unfortunately it was a pretty basic Mp3 and I kept losing where I was and couldn't find my way back so I thought I'd look out ofr a copy of the book - and now I have one :)
Thanks again.