corner corner Latin For Pigs

Latin For Pigs
by Lisa Angowski Rogak, Virginia R. BLackert | Humor
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

status (set by ksm67e): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

I found this good-condition hardcover at the Book Cellar, and thought it looked amusing: lots of pig-themed puns, and some actual Latin (with pig-influenced translations, such as "In vino veritas" meaning "In swine the truth"). "Oedipork Rex", for example, and "Pigmalion", and "Harriet Beecher Sow" (who wrote "Oinkle Tom's Cabin"), "Hoggy Carmichael", and - of course - Hamlet... Oh, and "Lizzie Boarden"!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Shell Station at Exit 4 in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (10/2/2012 UTC) at Shell Station at Exit 4 in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book on top of one of the gas pumps at the Exit 4 Shell station at around 3. Hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released for the 2012 You're Such an Animal" release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by ksm67e at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

What a fun surprise! I've been traveling for work since Sunday and have til Friday of city hopping then have a wedding while I'm in the area. Think I also have a little cold - all not so much fun so finding the book cheered me up and will give me something to do while traveling.

I will continue the trend and release it some place in the wild. I will say I took a plane ride to get up here so the book will be released closer to home - where that is you will just have to wait and see...