corner corner Offshore

by Penelope Fitzgerald | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingchamonix44wing of Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

status (set by chamonix44): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingchamonix44wing from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I picked up this book from a book swap shelf in Oaklands Holiday Park in Essex. I will read this myself.

Amazon Editorial Review
On the Battersea Reach of the Thames, a mixed bag of eccentrics live in houseboats. Belonging to neither land nor sea, they belong to one another. There is Maurice, a homosexual prostitute; Richard, a buttoned-up ex-navy man; but most of all there's Nenna, the struggling mother of two wild little girls. How each of their lives complicates the others is the stuff of this perfect little novel.

Journal Entry 2 by wingchamonix44wing at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, October 02, 2015

I didn't find this book all that interesting, however I did read it to the end. I thought it would be better than it is, being as it was apparently a winner of The Booker Prize. I don't really like the style in which this author writes. I wish there had been a bit more at the end of the book. It leaves the reader not really knowing what happened.
I will release this book soon for someone else to find and read.