corner corner Bull Run

Bull Run
by Paul Fleischman | Teens
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Phoenix, Arizona USA on 8/6/2012

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Monday, August 06, 2012

A Civil War drama told in sixteen voices, this ‘is a heartbreaking and remarkably vivid portrait of a war that remains our nation’s bloodiest conflict.… Fleischman’s artistry is nothing short of astounding.’ —Publishers Weekly. ‘Fleischman has done what he does best—create a unique piece of fiction with echoes of his poetry throughout.’ —H. ‘Outstanding… unforgettable as historical fiction… an important book for every library.’ —SLJ.

Notable Children's Books of 1994 (ALA)
1994 Best Books for Young Adults (ALA)
1994 Fanfare Honor List (The Horn Book)
Best Books of 1993 (SLJ)
1993 Books for Youth Editors' Choices (BL)

1994 Teachers' Choices (IRA)
Notable 1994 Childrens' Trade Books in Social Studies (NCSS/CBC)
1994 Notable Trade Books in the Language Arts (NCTE)
1994 Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction for Children
1993 Choices: The Year's Best Books (Publishers Weekly)
Children's Books of 1993 (Library of Congress)
1994 Books for the Teen Age (NY Public Library)
100 Books for Reading and Sharing 1994 (NY Public Library)

1994 Silver Medal for Literature (Commonwealth Club of California)
1994 Anne Izard Storytellers' Choice Award Winner (Westchester, NY Library System)

Illustrated with woodcuts by David Frampton

Journal Entry 2 by tabby-cat-owner at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 10, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/9/2012 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book has been mailed to hyphen8 of Honolulu, Hawaii who I tagged in the wishlist tag game.

I hope you enjoy this book, hyphen8.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, August 23, 2012

1994 Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction for Children

This author is a second generation Newbery Medal winner...so color me impressed.

Thank you for sending this wishlist tag book, the bonus book, and the lovely bookmark. :)

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 28, 2012

Nice that it shows multiple viewpoints: slave, free, north, south, soldier, non-combatant..

I liked the woodcuts for each person.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Sheraton Waikiki Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/29/2012 UTC) at Sheraton Waikiki Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released for Secretariat's You're Such an Animal challenge and Secretariat's 2012 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 39).

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

This is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it, but I'm hoping you will read and enjoy it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection" if you'd like...but you don't have to.

In fact, there are no requirements: it's really a free book - no strings. On the other hand, if you do make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands (anonymously if you wish), that would be super. :D

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me (hyphen8) as your referring member if you like.

When you're done with the book, please do feel free to make a journal entry saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next. If you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!