corner corner Born on a Blue Day

Born on a Blue Day
by Daniel Tammet | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 7/30/2012

status (set by Poodlesister): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 30, 2012

"Born on a Blue Day" is a triumphant and uplifting story, starting from early childhood, when Daniel was incapable of making friends and prone to tantrums, to young adulthood, when he learned how to control himself and to live independently, fell in love, experienced a religious conversion to Christianity, and most recently, emerged as a celebrity. The world's leading neuroscientists have been studying Daniel's ability to solve complicated math problems in one fell swoop by seeing shapes rather than making step-by-step calculations. Here he explains how he does it, and how he is able to learn new languages so quickly, simply by absorbing their patterns. Fascinating and inspiring, "Born on a Blue Day" explores what it's like to be special and gives us an insight into what makes us all human -- our minds.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 30, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as part of Summer Gift Giving to saskiasosmil. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 14, 2012

This came as a complete surprise! Wonderful! An SGG gift.
This wishlist book, some BC stickers and a card of, I suppose, the area where Lauraloo29 lives.
This is a book I am very interested in.
Thank you ver much!!

Journal Entry 4 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 21, 2015

I have enjoyed reading this. It was helpful for me.
So many books exist about autism, that it is good to read one written by someone who knows the inside struggles and achievements first hand.

Journal Entry 5 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 21, 2017

Released 4 mos ago (10/20/2017 UTC) at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Gone with the Colour Book Ring to the bookcrosser who started the ring.

Journal Entry 6 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 23, 2017

This looks really interesting, thank you.

Journal Entry 7 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 23, 2017

I found this really interesting. I don't have asd but I do share Daniel's love of maths. I also love prime numbers and the Fibonacci sequence. One main difference is that he knows pi to over 20, 000 decimal places, I know it to 5.

Journal Entry 8 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 23, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (11/23/2017 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

I'm sending this a surprise for someone who has it on their wishlist.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 25, 2017

A surprise wishlist book in amongst Vampirates books. Thanks very much

Journal Entry 10 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, December 08, 2017

I found this book really interesting and very moving. I'm not a particular maths fan but I do have a very visual memory so I enjoyed reading about how Daniel processes and stores information in a visual way. I also enjoyed how self aware he has learnt to be and how he uses that awareness to manage his feelings and his responses to the world around him.

Journal Entry 11 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, December 08, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (12/10/2017 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Giving to my sister.