corner corner Sacre Bleu: A Comedy d'Art

Sacre Bleu: A Comedy d'Art
by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction
Registered by dustyflint of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 28, 2012

status (set by islevamp): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by dustyflint from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 28, 2012

I enjoyed this book! Christopher Moore is a favorite and a lovely read. I really appreciate the effort involved in the cover and layout. Lovely book.

Journal Entry 2 by dustyflint at Ward Centre (details in notes) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/28/2012 UTC) at Ward Centre (details in notes) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Releasing at TOC luncheon at Ryan's today. Who knows where it will end up?

Journal Entry 3 by wingghirwing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Received today at Ryan's TOC. Will read and return. Thank you.

Took a while to get into this. Must have been about halfway through before I realized we were time travelling. Became much easier once I stopped trying to get a linear narration out of it.

Artist (and baker) Lucien Lessard is inspired by his model, Juliette, but she is not what she seems. Unnerved by her mysterious disappearances and vague explanations, Lucien and his friend, Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, seek to unravel her complicated association with the pigment purveyor sometimes seen in her company who goes only by the name the Colorman.

Chapter guide available at the Author Guy's website with more info about the Impressionists and Paris.
Love the jarring colors of the syphilis poster, would like a print of that.

Back to TOC.

Journal Entry 4 by islevamp at Kaneohe, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 14, 2012

It took me a wile to get through this book, but I did enjoy it. Not quite your typical Chris Moore novel, but still fun & steeped in art history.

Going back to ToC. Who's next?