corner corner Confessions of Super Mom

Confessions of Super Mom
by Melanie Lynne Hauser | Literature & Fiction
Registered by nancyluvsbooks of St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Saturday, July 14, 2012

status (set by dancing-dog): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by nancyluvsbooks from St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Synopsis:

"Every superhero has an Origin. To tell the truth, it’s a little embarrassing. I wasn’t put into a rocket and sent to Earth by my parents just as my home planet exploded. I wasn’t given a special ring by visiting aliens. I wasn’t bitten by a radioactive spider. No, it wasn’t anything nearly so glamorous; my beginnings are quite humble. I was merely the innocent victim of a Horrible Swiffer Accident."

Meet Birdie Lee, clerk at Marvel Fine Food and Beverages and an average, middle-aged single mother of two teenagers. Until one ordinary morning when, on the floor of her bathroom, Birdie discovers a Stain of Unknown Origin—a stain so intense that nothing can remove it. When all her attempts fail, Birdie does the unthinkable: She loads her Swiffer with every cleanser she owns, aims, and shoots. Suddenly, Birdie becomes endowed with extraordinary powers. Now Birdie must somehow balance it all—her smug ex and his overachieving new wife; two teenagers and a string of PTA meetings; her own budding romance; and her beloved town of Astro Park, whose very existence is threatened by a mysterious force sneaking its way into every household. A delightful, well-earned escape, Confessions of Super Mom is an amusing vindication of the overlooked everyday heroism that is a woman’s life.

Journal Entry 2 by nancyluvsbooks at Starbucks - Germantown Pkwy by Trinity in Cordova, Tennessee USA on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Starbucks - Germantown Pkwy by Trinity in Cordova, Tennessee USA

Releasing today at the Midsouth Bookcrossers Meetup

Journal Entry 3 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Picked this up at our meet-up at Starbuck's - I had a great time with everyone!

I like the premise of this - sounds amusing - I like a story that doesn't always take itself too seriously :)

Journal Entry 4 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Monday, December 17, 2012

Cute and entertaining. Predictable sequence of plot events - no surprises for me but still quick and enjoyable.

Journal Entry 5 by dancing-dog at Celebrity Refelections in -- Lakes, ports, waterways, ships, Florida USA on Monday, December 17, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/14/2012 UTC) at Celebrity Refelections in -- Lakes, ports, waterways, ships, Florida USA

left in the ship's library