corner corner M is for Magic

M is for Magic
by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by ApoloniaX of Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on 7/10/2012

status (set by alexiapapa): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ApoloniaX from Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blurb:
Master storyteller Neil Gaiman presents a breathtaking collection of tales for younger readers that may chill or amuse, but that always embrace the unexpected:
- Humpty Dumpty's sister hires a private detective to investigate her brother's death.
- A teenage boy who has trouble talking to girls finds himself at a rather unusual party.
- A boy raised in a graveyard makes a discovery, and confronts the much more troubling world of the living.

Journal Entry 2 by ApoloniaX at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/11/2012 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Wishlist Surprise!
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, July 13, 2012

When I opened the package you sent me I didn't even have to read your name to know who it came from, you've sent me enough books for me to recognise your writing by now! ;) Thanks you sooo much for this wishlist book, ApoloniaX!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I took a few of Gaiman's books with me on holiday and this one was among the pile. I must say that it interested me the least. I've had this problem before with his short stories. I don't know what it is. I just love his longer novels, but his short stories seem to leave me quite cold. But then again I do have problems with short stories more often then not. Perhaps I just need more time to get into the frame of mind of a particular story, than the amount of pages can give me ...
Thanks for sending it my way ApoloniaX. I'll make sure it keeps on travelling one way or another!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, September 19, 2013

This book is reserved for the decoy of the International Acts of Kindness Sweepstake of September. I added a traditional gift of sugarbeans (litteral translation) to the package. In Flanders (the Northern, Dutch speaking part of Belgium) it is traditional to give sugarbeans when a child is born. And since my baby might just have been born by the time you receive this package, I thought it would be a nice extra. ;)
(Traditionally it was an almond nut covered in a chocolate sugary layer. These days people tend to give a full chocolate 'nut' with a sugary layer. The sugarbeans I have are about half the size of a normal sugarbean. They are called confetti's.)

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/26/2013 UTC) at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to the decoy of the International Acts of Kindness Sweepstake of September. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 7 by alexiapapa at Larisa, Larisa Greece on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Received today! Thank you for the nice and sweet surprise and congratulations for your baby! :)