corner corner The Safe House

The Safe House
by Nicci French | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Captainsdoxy of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 08, 2012

status (set by katpatmat): available

Journal Entry 1 by Captainsdoxy from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home.You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. (You’ll receive an email anytime someone makes a journal entry). It's fun, free, and confidential.

If you decide to join, please consider listing Captainsdoxy as referring you.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by Captainsdoxy at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Samantha Laschen, a doctor specialising in post-traumatic stress disorder, has moved to the Essex coast with her small daughter, Elsie, to escape the problems of her London life. Or so she thinks. Fiona Mackenzie barely survived the savage, murderous attack which left her parents dead. Now she is in need of sanctuary and the police see Sam as the ideal person to offer her a safe house. But as Fiona makes her way into the hearts of her hosts, Sam discovers that the risks she has foreseen are nothing to the terrifying danger she actually faces ...

Well written, gripping psychological thriller. I guessed the ending towards the end, as the clues were there but not in your face throughout the book. Chilling ending. Recommended.

Journal Entry 3 by Captainsdoxy at Thunderbird Cafe in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, August 06, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/5/2012 UTC) at Thunderbird Cafe in Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Left on a table in the cafe

Journal Entry 4 by katpatmat at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

It was ok. I think I'm not really into thrillers unless they have spectacular twists - I've seen lots of otehr people reading and enjoying it though. so, on that note, recommended... On the way - this book travelled to Upper Hutt, Palmerston Nth and Tasmania.