corner corner Dark Enchantment

Dark Enchantment
by Karen Harbaugh | Romance
Registered by KarenH58 of Auburn, Washington USA on 11/7/2003

status (set by KarenH58):

Journal Entry 1 by KarenH58 from Auburn, Washington USA on Friday, November 07, 2003

Not going to rate this book, either, since I wrote it.

This one's coming out in January 2004...it's set in France during the time of the Sun King, Louis XIV, and I guess a brief but appropriate description would be "Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets the Three Musketeers." More or less. :D No, the heroine doesn't kill vampires, but she does cut off the head of a demon.

This is admittedly a rather strange book for a romance, I suppose. At least, I don't know of any other where the heroine of a romance novel has stigmata. Well, it just might be strange, period. But what the heck, I thought it was an interesting thing to write, plus there's lots of adventure and sword fighting.

If you want to read an excerpt, you can go to:

and click on the picture of the book. That should take you to a more complete book description (yes, I'm too lazy to post the whole description here), as well as an excerpt. If anyone wants to post feedback on it of whatever kind, I'm fine with that.

--Karen H.

P.S. The Harriet Klausner (bless her heart) review is for Night Fires, and for some reason was mistakenly posted under Dark Enchantment at the Barnes and Noble site. B&N hasn't responded to my request to change this error, so be warned that the Klausner review you're reading is NOT for Dark Enchantment.