corner corner Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 3)

Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 3)
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingJudySlump612wing of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

status (set by JudySlump612): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingJudySlump612wing from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

All of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series are delightful gems, which I have enjoyed and am always proud to share. They show us Mma Ramotswe using observation, knowledge of human nature, and gentle wisdom to solve her cases, and a slice of life in Gaborone, Botswana, which probably few of us will have the chance to visit personally.

There are two especially nice part of this one, for me. One is a scene in which Mma Ramotswe is up at dawn. It's a time of day which she (and I) loves, and Smith carefully describes the sights, smells, sounds, and surroundings. It's a beautiful moment, and it also helps Mma Ramotswe crack her case.

This book also showcases Mma Makutsi, who is on her own while Mma Ramotswe is away on her investigation. Although she has her prickly side, here she does everything right, and it's fun to watch. She even manages to get some use out of those feckless apprentices!

These books are written in a chronological series, and you may prefer to read them that way. But this one stands alone just fine, and you will enjoy it even without the others.

But that's just one person's opinion. What do YOU think about this book?

Journal Entry 2 by wingJudySlump612wing at by hand, to a member of my family -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/23/2012 UTC) at by hand, to a member of my family -- Controlled Releases

Shared with my mom, a big fan of Mma Ramotswe