corner corner A Mapmaker's Dream: The Meditations of Fra Mauro, Cartographer to the Court of Venice

by James Cowan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by dancing-dog of Cordova, Tennessee USA on Sunday, June 17, 2012

status (set by bookstogive): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by dancing-dog from Cordova, Tennessee USA on Sunday, June 17, 2012

I'm not really sure what I thought of this book. I found I had to read it in small pieces - maybe to try to digest the contemplative and philosophical musings of Fra Mauro. I think the author did a good job regarding capturing the possible thoughts of a monk accomplishing his life's work in seclusion in a monastery.

Journal Entry 2 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (8/2/2012 UTC) at Cordova, Tennessee USA

Sending this to bookstogive for the Round Robin Readers (May).

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, August 04, 2012

I received this book as part of the Round Robin Readers, thanks so much! I am looking forward to reading it and then passing it on.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, September 17, 2012

This was a difficult book to read and like dancing-dog I had to read it in small amounts. It is about a monk Fra Mauro who is a mapmaker and he gets all his info from visitors who tell him about their fantastic travels.

Now ready for a new reader

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at In the Ship's Library in Celebrity Eclipse, -- Ports, Waterways & Ships -- Caribbean Sea on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/2/2012 UTC) at In the Ship's Library in Celebrity Eclipse, -- Ports, Waterways & Ships -- Caribbean Sea

Releasing on the Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship during my vacation. I hope it can find a new appreciative reader and travel the world.

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, who are sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. We would be delighted if you would make a journal entry to say you have found the book. It is fun for other readers of this book to see where the book has traveled-sometimes around the world!

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me BOOKSTOGIVE as your referring member.