corner corner The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope Series #4)

The Christmas Promise (Christmas Hope Series #4)
by Donna VanLiere | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingcrossingguardmawing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 16, 2012

status (set by crossingguardma): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingcrossingguardmawing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Calgary monthly book crossing meet up for book crossers in the Calgary area (Joshua Tree cafe, second Saturday of every month 11am) is Christmas in July. I found this book with it's beautiful cover at a church thrift store in Revelstoke, BC, in the Canadian Rockies and thought it would be perfect for that meeting.

From the book jacket......Each Christmas we are given a promise from heaven. And each year on earth we make promises to each other. This is a story about how a promise from one person to another shows us the true meaning of faith, remembrance, and love.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Revelstoke, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, June 17, 2012

I really enjoyed this "Hallmark" story. It was a quick and easy read and very similar to the Christmas Bus that I read before. A book of hope, change and promise. A story with the marginalized and those helping where they can.

I will take to our Christmas in July book tossing meeting to share with the others.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Christmas in July theme at montly bookcrossing meeting so this is perfect. I am sure someone will take it just because the jacket is so beautiful!

Journal Entry 4 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 16, 2012

Picked up at July's meeting, adding to my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, November 22, 2012

What a great little book! I decided it was time to read some books set around Christmas to help me get in the holiday spirit. This one didn't disappoint! A happy book that is very much, as mentioned like a "Hallmark" movie. Exactly what a wanted. Happily it tied off loose ends and left me in a happy Christmasy mood. Bring on the holidays, I'm ready!

Journal Entry 6 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/8/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to today's meetup. Hopefully it will find a new reader there...

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 7 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Picked this up at the December book crossing meeting in Calgary. By the same author that wrote The Christmas Shoes. I didn't read the book but loved the movie. Here's hoping it puts me in the Christmas mood.

Journal Entry 8 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Read this book over Christmas and enjoyed it very much. Very Hallmarkish but that's what I was wanting. A fast read and predictable but heartwarming story.

Journal Entry 9 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/12/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the January bookcrossing meeting at Joshua Tree Cafe to be passed on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 11 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

This was a perfect, simple read perfect for getting into the spirit of Christmas.

Thank you for the heart warming story!

Journal Entry 12 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Released 10 mos ago (12/14/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together to pass on.

Journal Entry 13 by elleray at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Released 5 mos ago (5/10/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

book will be back at Cravings for the next BookCrossing meeting: May 10,2014

Journal Entry 14 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, May 02, 2014

Grabbed this back to save till December and share with the group.