corner corner North Dallas Forty

North Dallas Forty
by Peter Gent | Literature & Fiction
Registered by MyChildsCloset of Leesburg, Virginia USA on 6/14/2012

status (set by MyChildsCloset): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by MyChildsCloset from Leesburg, Virginia USA on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Greetings! Thank you for picking me up. I am a special Travelling Book…that means that I move around from place to place, looking for new friends and readers, like you. I hope you’ll take time to visit www.BookCrossing.com to let my previous readers know that I’ve arrived safely. It’s free to join, and you can even remain anonymous….although, if you’re the book lover that I think you are, you’ll be eager to choose a screen name and enjoy all that this wonderful community has to offer. As an added bonus, you’ll be able to see where I’ve been before, and follow my journey if you decide to send me along once you’ve finished reading. If you decide to sign up for BookCrossing, I hope you’ll consider using me, MyChildsCloset, as your referring member. Thank you, and Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 2 by MyChildsCloset at Walmart in Martinsville, Virginia USA on Monday, July 02, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/2/2012 UTC) at Walmart in Martinsville, Virginia USA

This book was released as part of the 2012 Monopoly game, as Team Battleship's Free Release for passing Go. Since NFL training camps are starting to gear up for the fall, we decided to use Football as our theme for this release. North Dallas 40 is about the life and career of an NFL player. We left the book at Walmart, in the sporting goods section, in the midst of a lovely display of footballs of various colors. For added fun, we placed a USC Gamecocks pillow pet/mascot with the display as well. Enjoy!