corner corner Inside My Heart

Inside My Heart
by Robin McGraw | Health, Mind & Body
Registered by wingpippiswing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

status (set by LaPitchoune): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingpippiswing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"I believe we were put on this earth to enjoy lives of joy and abundance, and that is what I want for you and for me. It's not my intention to give people advice on how to solve their problems (I leave that to my husband). But I've had my share of struggles over the years, and I know a thing or two about what has worked for me. I have chosen to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator, and in so doing I have chosen how to be a woman, how to be a wife, and how to be a mother in ways that are uniquely my own. I offer the stories of these choices as evidence of the power of sheer determination, will, and faith in God."

You've seen her on television with her husband, Dr. Phil. But now it's time for a heart-to-heart conversation with Robin McGraw. In Inside My Heart, Robin speaks woman to woman, inspiring you to embrace and celebrate the many roles you play and encouraging you to make deliberate choices that lead to a richer, happier, and more meaningful life.

She shares with you the life-changing moments of her childhood years, dating and marrying Dr. Phil McGraw, raising two sons, and asserting herself as a woman in a man's world to show you that you have the power to make choices in your life. In fact, she's convinced that you must choose to go after the life you want.

With a deep and abiding faith in God, Robin McGraw shares her story so you too can make choices that reflect your own heart's truest priorities and highest goals.

****
This is exactly the kind of book that puts me off immediately. There's no way I'm reading it, so before I start using it as tinder, it HAS to find a new home!

Journal Entry 2 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/2/2012 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi Finland

Packing this to a parcel going out to Hippolein! Perhaps it'll find a new reader from Helsinki region...

Journal Entry 3 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A full box of books arrived in Helsinki, thanks a lot pippis!

Journal Entry 4 by winghippoleinwing at Ravintola Kaisaniemi in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/10/2012 UTC) at Ravintola Kaisaniemi in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland

Bookcrossing meet-up
--------------------------

The book will be left on the table for the other Bookcrossers to take it. Hope it will find an interested reader there!

Journal Entry 5 by LaPitchoune at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm looking forward to snarling at this! Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by LaPitchoune at St. Jono gatve in Vilnius, Vilniaus Lithuania on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/22/2012 UTC) at St. Jono gatve in Vilnius, Vilniaus Lithuania

I originally picked this book up, because it seemed like something I could disagree with. I'm not a believer, and this woman says everything is directed by God and that everything revolves around her family. I believe in the world, the universe, in nature as a more complete system. Of course there is family, too, but I look at things a little differently than the author. I took this book to Lithuania from Finland and left this in Old Town Vilnius. It was soon gone from the statue. Happy journey! :)