corner corner The Savage Altar (Rebecka Martinsson 1)

The Savage Altar (Rebecka Martinsson 1)
by Asa Larsson | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 6/11/2012

status (set by MMW): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Innocence will be sacrificed...

On the floor of a church in northern Sweden, the body of a man lies ritually mutilated and defiled - and in the night sky, the aurora borealis dances as the snow begins to fall.

Rebecka Martinsson is heading home to Kiruna, the small town she'd left in disgrace years before. A Stockholm tax lawyer, Rebecka has a good reason to return: her friend Sanna, whose brother has been horrifically murdered in the church of the cult he helped create. Beautiful and fragile, Sanna needs someone like Rebecka to remove the shadow of guilt that is engulfing her, to forestall an ambitious prosecutor, and to confront the rumours circulating in a closed and frightened community.

But to help her friend, and to find the real killer of a man she once adored and is now not sure she ever knew, Rebecka must relive the darkness she left behind in Kiruna, delve into a sordid conspiracy of deceit, and confront a killer whose motives are dark and impossible to guess...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 09, 2013

While I enjoyed this, I didn't find it as compelling as "The Black Path". Having said that it was still a good tale & it was good to see how the main characters (Rebecka, Anna-Maria, & Sven-Erik) first encountered each other. I'll certainly read more in this series :o)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/14/2013 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released onto the buffet table at the BCUK Unconvention. If it's not picked up by a bookcrosser it will be released into the wild when we undertake our release walk......wherever you found it please let us know it's safe with you :o)

Released as part of the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE Challenge (#34)

Journal Entry 4 by MMW at BCUK Unconvention 2013, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 30, 2013

Found this book at the big book table at Leeds UnConvention. Pleased to see a Swedish author among all the others :)