corner corner Beauty Queens

Beauty Queens
by libba bray | Teens
Registered by wingmegami-no-ushiwing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

status (set by Crossing-Guard): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

This was a great book - a very interesting and fun look at our image obbsessed media driven, consumerist culture.

From Amazon:
From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the hilarious (and sometimes twisted) story of a plane crash, beauty contestants, and desert island survival.
Teen beauty queens. A desert island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to e-mail. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the June meetup!

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Picked up at the June Meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Looks like a fun book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

A real guilty-pleasure kind of book! Totally girly, lots of campy fun. Don't miss reading all the footnotes through out the book.

Will return it to the group for the next reader awaiting!

Journal Entry 5 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the July meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 6 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Picked up this book at the July BC meeting

Journal Entry 7 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Couldn't get into this book at all. Just not my kind of thing.

Journal Entry 8 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (5/11/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the May bookcrossing meeting at Joshua Tree Cafe to pass onto the next reader.

Journal Entry 9 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Picked up at the meetup.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Great snarky fun that had serious issues that weren't (lip)-glossed over. I didn't like the ending as is seemed abrupt and anti-climatic.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Released 10 mos ago (1/11/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC Meetup today.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 13, 2014

I picked this up at the January Bookcrossing meeting - adding it to the groaning shelves.

Journal Entry 13 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Released 9 mos ago (2/9/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Finished in time! Crazy book - you have to keep reminding yourself what its purpose is. Characters are interesting - liked the way most of them grew. Some pretty funny moments.
I am taking this to the February meeting at Cravings for the next reader.

Journal Entry 14 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Safely in my hands

Journal Entry 15 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 06, 2014

I was sure I journaled this but alas it isn't here....this book was okay...kinda a bit crazy. A look into the life of stranded beauty queens...might need this info in the future!

Journal Entry 16 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (5/10/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.

Journal Entry 17 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Picked up at May's meeting, adding to TBR pile.