corner corner Click: One Novel, Ten Authors

Click: One Novel, Ten Authors
by Various Authors | Teens
Registered by BlackGryphon of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 08, 2012

status (set by Crossing-Guard): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BlackGryphon from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 08, 2012

This book has a nifty concept. Ten different authors contributed a chapter to one main story and the royalties from the sale of this book go to Amnesty International. In this book we go through the lives of several characters in the family of George "Gee" Keane - a famous photojournalist. I didn't like the last chapter very much, but I loved chapters 2 (by David Almond), 4 (by Deborah Ellis), 6 (by Roddy Doyle), 7 (by Tim Wyanne-Jones), and 8 (by Ruth Ozeki).

Journal Entry 2 by BlackGryphon at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Just passed this book to rureading... sitting on the other side of the room... phew, what a journey.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

...well geez you didn't have to throw it!

Journal Entry 4 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

The list of authors on the spine of the book made me pick it off the discard shelf at the library and the cover art made me buy it. I have been burned by short story compilations before but this one was pretty good. The chapters that stand out for me were 2,4,6,7 and 10.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe today.

Journal Entry 6 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Picked up at the June Meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 7 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Great premise, with all the different authors. The first several chapters were flowing so well,I'd forgotten about it.

I particularly loved Roddy Doyle. The last 2 chapters were a real let-down though. What were those authors thinking? Feel bad for some young reader trying to figure out the final chapter, after investing perfectly good reading time.

Journal Entry 8 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the July meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 16, 2012

Picked up at July's meeting, adding to my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/5/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I'm moving, so in an effort to reduce the amount I have to move I am passing books that multiple people wanted to the next person. This is a book I want to read and therefore want back, just not until I am settled in my new place.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 11 by wingsing-songwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Picked this up at the High Tea Christmas get together: from Crossing-Guard's stash.

Journal Entry 12 by wingsing-songwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 13, 2013

What an interesting book. Picked it up as I was checking out family books and this seemed to fit. So interesting having each of the pieces written by a different author. Love the way the family story is told from different perspectives.

Journal Entry 13 by wingsing-songwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 13, 2013

Released 7 mos ago (9/14/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the September meeting at Cravings. Time for it to find a new reader.

Journal Entry 14 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Picked this up at September's meet up. Adding to my TBR pile.