corner corner The Slap: A Novel

The Slap: A Novel
by Christos Tsiolkas | Literature & Fiction
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

status (set by Tinamose): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

To share

Journal Entry 2 by AlterEgoZoe at Longhorn Restaurant in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 18, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/18/2012 UTC) at Longhorn Restaurant in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left at one of the waiting areas-a family a few tables away from me snagged it. Enjoy!

When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by Hammerin1 at Bartonsville, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 18, 2012

Starting to read it today.

Journal Entry 4 by Tinamose at Jekyll Island, Georgia USA on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Too many story lines, and the language was so bad I couldn't read it. The plot sounds very interesting, but it isn't my kind of book.