corner corner Month of Sundaes, A

Month of Sundaes, A
by Michael Turback | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 6/3/2012

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, June 03, 2012

It's almost summer, so what could be better than a month of (ice cream) sundaes? The first chapter of this delicious book is entitled "Pursuit of Happiness", and it's not hard to see why: this pages are full of the history of ice cream and sundaes in America, along with recipes for sundaes, ice cream, toppings, and other associated desserts.

According to this book, along with his many other accomplishments, Thomas Jefferson was one of the people responsible for popularizing ice cream in the US. Thank you Mr. Jefferson!

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream and Desserts in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, June 04, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/4/2012 UTC) at Bubbies Homemade Ice Cream and Desserts in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released for Vekiki's 2012 Monopoly game. For turn 5, Team Battleship landed on Cloud 9, so we decided to go with something that makes lots of people happy every day: ice cream! This book full of ice cream history, anecdotes, and recipes was released at my favorite ice cream parlor - Bubbies (check out their mochi ice cream; they do mail order) - and my family was happy to go along to help me release the book. I'm hoping a fellow ice cream lover will be inspired to buy some ice cream to take home and enjoy later! :D

(Larger photo here.)

-=-=-=-=-

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you are able to make a journal entry to let me know you've found my book that would be terrific.

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me ( hyphen8 ) as your referring member, but that's certainly not required.

In fact, there are no requirements: this is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection"...but you don't have to.

Please do feel free to make a journal entry when you're done with the book saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next: if you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

Free your books - help spread the words!