corner corner A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
by George R.R. Martin | Literature & Fiction
Registered by BCinDC of Washington, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, June 02, 2012

status (set by darjeelingLTD): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BCinDC from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Saturday, June 02, 2012

Received from beloved BCinDCers mdm139 and Rock-Solid when they were cleaning out their bookshelves in preparation for a cross-country move.

Registered by members of BCinDC

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Saturday, June 02, 2012

Snagged this one for my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Eleventy-billion characters and the only truly interesting one is the dwarf. Sure, there were a few decently intertwined stories, but I really only paid attention when it was focused on Tyrion Lannister. His cynicism was refreshing amidst all the obsessionp over who gets to be king next. I liked this book far more than I'd expected, given that I tend not to favor political intrigue of any genre, but I don't feel any particular desire to read more of the series.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing at Birdie's Cafe - 233 E. Main St. in Westminster, Maryland USA on Saturday, July 21, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/21/2012 UTC) at Birdie's Cafe - 233 E. Main St. in Westminster, Maryland USA

Taking this to the meetup at Birdie's. If no one takes it, it'll go on the OBCZ shelf.

Journal Entry 5 by darjeelingLTD at Westminster, Maryland USA on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Picked up yesterday at the meet. I have not seen the HBO series, but heard enough about it and the books to at least spark my interest. I read through Lord of the Rings last summer and enjoyed it immensely more than I expected to, so it can't hurt to give Martin and "Thrones" a try. (p.s. melydia, very nice to meet you and I look forward to attending again!)