corner corner Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (Dover Thrift)

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (Dover Thrift)
by Harriet Jacobs | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by libragirl of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, May 31, 2012

status (set by Amron1): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by libragirl from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, May 31, 2012

The true story of an individual's struggle for self-identity, self-preservation and freedom...

Journal Entry 2 by libragirl at University of Canterbury, Erskine (Maths) Building in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/31/2012 UTC) at University of Canterbury, Erskine (Maths) Building in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

By Reboot Cafe

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Had to go over to Erskine for a meeting, so I popped by the bookshelf for a browse (and left a few books there myself).

=+=

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, August 20, 2012

Fascinating but distressing biography of a woman who escapes from slavery, but only at a huge cost to her and her family.

=+=

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/17/2012 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at tonight's meetup.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group

Journal Entry 6 by Ianthepom at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Being a true story written by an educated slave was fasinating and shocking. How other humans could treat others this way. In her own way, describes how she felt and how she delt with the pain of losing her family.

A great read.

Journal Entry 7 by Amron1 at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, April 20, 2013

While holidaying in Newzealand my son had just read thebook and handed it to me were I took it with me to Lancaster England I enjoyed the book and learned a lot from it I will mow pass it on Thank you