corner corner The Cookbook Collector: A Novel

The Cookbook Collector: A Novel
by Allegra Goodman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by JDT of Pleasanton, California USA on 5/30/2012

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by JDT from Pleasanton, California USA on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

couldn't resist buying this book with beautiful cover art when Allegra Goodman spoke at our local bookstore 2 years ago in July.

Saved it to read for a bookgroup discussion earlier this month. I liked it better than expected. The reviews comparing the author to Jane Austen were IMHO a disservice. The initial intro to the 2 sisters seemed a bit stereotypical and I expected a lightweight read. But it picked up in story line, character development, complexity - and we all found it an enjoyable, even thought-provoking read - as well as a good discussion.

Autographed copy!

Journal Entry 2 by JDT at Pleasanton, California USA on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

on its way to hyphen8 in Hawaii - part of a RABCK wishlist tag!

Happy to share this autographed copy with someone who knew the author from high school days! (also noticed that hyphen8 (and Allegra) are the same age as our daughter lisaxiii)

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Received today as a wishlist tag book - thank you very much!

Always glad to see Allegra's books doing well. The review is a nice bonus - I'll keep it with the book.

Here's another copy on my shelf.