corner corner Matilda

Matilda
by Roald Dahl | Literature & Fiction
Registered by karpow of Riehen, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on 5/27/2012

status (set by lamelemon): available

Journal Entry 1 by karpow from Riehen, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Vorbereitung auf das gleichnamige Musical in London

Journal Entry 2 by karpow at Riehen, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/26/2012 UTC) at Riehen, Basel-Stadt Switzerland

Der Roman ist ein Plädoyer für das Lesen für Büchern. Es eignet sich für Kinder und für alle, deren Geist jung geblieben ist. "Matilda" wird aktuell als Musical im Cambridge Theatre in London aufgeführt.

Journal Entry 3 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Thursday, June 28, 2012

how wonderful; thank you very much, Karpow-san! It is a real book - not a mere booklet like Dahl's stories are usually. Can't wait to read it ^___^

Journal Entry 4 by spy-there at Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Remarkable how Dahl always makes estranged, tormented or poor children into heroes of his stories. Bright Matilda is another case of utter neglection: a brainy girl, whose selfish parents care more for looks and tv gazing than for their little genius.
I doubt that 1988, when this book was written, teachers like Ms. Trunchbull still existed; Dahl probably digested here memories of his own childhood in the 20ies, 30ies. But maybe children prefere those exaggerated enemies; the more the primary menace, the higher the victory at the end.

As a child I was an avid reader like Matilda - though no genius :D I wish I had a teacher like Ms Honey. And I wish that in reality likewise knowledge would triumph over ignorance.
Blake's illustrations are as always totally adorable and funny.

edit: Since I found another copy of this cool book, I'll pass this one to the next reader. Thus Karpow, too, will be entertained by the book's future travels :)

Journal Entry 5 by spy-there at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Released 10 mos ago (1/10/2017 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Dear finder

Thank you for looking up Bookcrossing. Please, kindly write a short journal entry, that you own the book now. You can do this anonymously, but it's much more fun if you'll become a member and write under your nick name. It's still anonymous, but you'll get a notification every time somebody writes a new entry. You are able to follow the book's voyage and read the opinions of other readers. Bookcrossing is fun, it's free and free of spam. Try it, it might change your life. Or at least your bookshelf ;)

=^,^= spy

Journal Entry 6 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Herisau, Appenzell Ausserrhoden Switzerland on Thursday, January 12, 2017

Am vergangenen Dienstag am meetup behändigt, wird -hoffentlich- gelesen, bevor es mit nach Oslo reisen darf.

Journal Entry 7 by wingOBCZ-TeddysDenwing at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, April 17, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

comes along to Oslo

Journal Entry 8 by lamelemon at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Claimed at the bookswap game at the BookCrossing convention in Oslo, then read breathlessly while being snowed in an extra night (plane got cancelled) and throughout my flights home. Simply beautiful. I loved the way a children's book appeals mostly to adults and I reacted to the neglect, cruelty and evilness of some of the characters. Thank you so much for sharing, I wonder where Matilda will travel next :)