corner corner Ghost Country

Ghost Country
by Sara Paretsky | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winglevanderwing of Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, May 24, 2012

status (set by booksieboo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglevanderwing from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, May 24, 2012

"The gritty adventures of V. I. Warshawski have made the Chicago PI a marquee name among today's sleuths and turned her creator, Sara Paretsky, into one of the mystery world's most popular authors. So it's rather surprising that Paretsky risks her commercial success with a new book that veers sharply from the sure-bet Warshawski series. But Paretsky's latest may be her best book yet; it shows amazing depth and emotion, offers richly complex characters and a stunningly original plot, and provides subtle but caustic commentary on today's social problems. Harriet and Mara Stonds have been raised in luxury by their grandfather, famous neurosurgeon Abraham Stonds. Harriet is the apple of her grandfather's eye--tall, blond, successful at everything she does, always the good girl. Mara plays the role of ugly stepsister, at least to her grandfather, who has told her for years that she's lazy, stupid, and ungrateful. But things are about to change for the Stonds family. A drunken opera singer, a softhearted psychotherapist, a group of homeless women, and a mysterious visitor who performs miracles will each play a key role in opening the eyes of Harriet and Mara to a world they've never imagined. This book is rich, astonishing, and affecting, and Paretsky deserves rave reviews for taking a huge risk and doing so with amazing success. An outstanding novel and a great read. "

Journal Entry 2 by winglevanderwing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (10/14/2012 UTC) at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

geht zur weiteren Verwendung an booksieboo

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooksieboowing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, October 14, 2012

So many on one day - thank you!! :-))

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooksieboowing at Öffentlicher Bücherschrank am Rheinufer in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (11/11/2012 UTC) at Öffentlicher Bücherschrank am Rheinufer in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Released for the "E-less challenge 2012" (for books with no "E" in their title - see http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/483612 ).

Hi,
I'm a travelling book and I'm currently trying to find new friends. It would be great if you could leave a note here about where and how you found me, whether you plan to read me and then release me somewhere, or if you intend to keep me.
I hope whoever found this book enjoys reading it.
BookCrossing is anonymous, free, and fun!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Freigelassen im Rahmen der "E-less challenge 2012" (für Bücher ohne den Buchstaben 'E' im Titel - siehe http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/483612 ).

Lieber Finder!
Ich bin ein Buch auf Reisen und bin gerade dabei, neue Freunde zu finden. Über einen Eintrag über wo und wie Du mich gefunden hast, ob Du mich lesen willst und dann weiterreisen lässt, oder ob Du mich behältst, würde ich mich sehr freuen.
Viel Spaß beim Lesen!
Ja, und das Ganze ist anonym, kostenlos, und macht ganz viel Spaß. :-)

Deutschsprachige Informationen zu BookCrossing findest Du unter www.bookcrossers.de.