corner corner Sky Burial

Sky Burial
by Xinran | Travel
Registered by wingBoekentrolwing of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 24, 2012

status (set by itpdx): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingBoekentrolwing from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Synopsis:
"Shu Wen and her husband had been married for only a few months in the 1950s when he joined the Chinese army and was sent to Tibet for the purpose of unification of the two countries. Shortly after he left she was notified that he had been killed, although no details were given. Determined to find the truth, Shu Wen joined a militia unit going to the Tibetan north, where she soon was separated from the regiment. Without supplies and knowledge of the language, she wandered, trying to find her way until, on the brink of death, she was rescued by a family of nomads under whose protection she moved from place to place with the seasons and eventually came to discover the details of her husband’s death."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bought for my own reading, but it turned out I got a wishlist rabck from a very generous fellow bookcrosser, so I registered this copy for release purposes.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBoekentrolwing at Controled release: postoffice in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/24/2012 UTC) at Controled release: postoffice in Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

For BC a wild release: this book is going on a journey through BookMooch. BUT... since several Moochers are also BC-members, I register BookMooch books too.

Safe travels, little book , I hope you bring your new reader(s) lots of pleasure!!

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing BoekenTrol as the member who referred you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingitpdxwing at Portland, Oregon USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Received in Portland, OR