corner corner Jacke wie Hose

Jacke wie Hose
by Rita M. Brown | Entertainment
Registered by LiniP of Harrow, Middlesex United Kingdom on 5/24/2012

status (set by LiniP): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LiniP from Harrow, Middlesex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Das Buch habe ich für die Monopoly-Challenge 2012 Turn Four and a Bit aus dem Bücherregal in Untermünkheim mitgenommen, um es am 25. Mai 2012, am Lilac-Day, der auf die Alzheimer-Krankheit aufmerksam machen möchte, frei zu lassen.

This book was chosen for the Lilac release on May 25, 2012, for Team Thimbles:

When we heard about Lilac, we remembered this song from My Fair Lady:

I have often walked down this street before;
But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before.
All at once am I Several stories high.
Knowing I'm on the street where you live.
Are there lilac trees in the heart of town?
Can you hear a lark in any other part of town?

For people suffering from Alzheimer it must somtimes be similar. They know that they should remember the street, but it just does not seem the same any more.

The title of the book was chosen because in German "Jacke wie Hose" means "That´s six of one and half a dozen of the other", but literally it means the jacket is the same as the trouser which might be the case for Alzheimer patients.

Journal Entry 2 by LiniP at Swiggerweg in Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, May 25, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/25/2012 UTC) at Swiggerweg in Schwäbisch Hall, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Das Buch wurde auf einer Bank auf dem Weg um den Swiggerweg freigelassen.

I left this book on a bench outside my house, on a street which I have often walked. As there were not any lilac trees in my part of town I left it with a few lilac coloured flowers from my garden.