corner corner The House at Riverton

The House at Riverton
by Kate Morton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, May 18, 2012

status (set by Moriquen): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, May 18, 2012

Blurb:
Summer 1924. On the eve of a glittering society party, by the lake of a grand English country house, a young poet takes his life. The only witnesses, sisters Hannah and Emmeline Hartford, will never speak to each other again.
Winter 1999. Grace Bradley, ninety-eight, one-time housemaid of Riverton Manor, is visited by a young director making a film about the poet's suicide. Ghosts awaken and old memories - long consigned to the dark reaches of Grace's mind - begin to sneak back through the cracks. A shocking secret threatens to emerge, something history has forgotten but Grace never could.
Set as the war-shattered Edwardian summer surrenders to the decadent twenties, The House at Riverton is a thrilling mystery and a compelling love story.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 28, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/30/2012 UTC) at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Nomination Wishlist Surprise

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, June 01, 2012

Wow, how wonderful. It has been a while since I was priviledged to receive a true and unexpected wishlist rabck. And when I opened the book a real treasuretrove of labels fell out. (Which is just fabulous, because I ran out of my own labels two days ago! Hurray!!) Thank you so much for sending this wishlist book my way, ApoloniaX! I am sure that I will enjoy it!!

Edit: Reserved for keeta1 in th wishlist-tag game.

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, August 31, 2014

I enjoyed everything about this book. It wasn't an amasing, fast paced thrill ride but it was very interesting. It grabbs your attention straight away and the author feeds you tiny snippets of information which never quite lead you to the correct conclusion in the end. Thanks for sharing it with me!