corner corner The House at Riverton

The House at Riverton
by Kate Morton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, May 18, 2012

status (set by Moriquen): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, May 18, 2012

Blurb:
Summer 1924. On the eve of a glittering society party, by the lake of a grand English country house, a young poet takes his life. The only witnesses, sisters Hannah and Emmeline Hartford, will never speak to each other again.
Winter 1999. Grace Bradley, ninety-eight, one-time housemaid of Riverton Manor, is visited by a young director making a film about the poet's suicide. Ghosts awaken and old memories - long consigned to the dark reaches of Grace's mind - begin to sneak back through the cracks. A shocking secret threatens to emerge, something history has forgotten but Grace never could.
Set as the war-shattered Edwardian summer surrenders to the decadent twenties, The House at Riverton is a thrilling mystery and a compelling love story.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 28, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/30/2012 UTC) at Surprise, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Nomination Wishlist Surprise

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Friday, June 01, 2012

Wow, how wonderful. It has been a while since I was priviledged to receive a true and unexpected wishlist rabck. And when I opened the book a real treasuretrove of labels fell out. (Which is just fabulous, because I ran out of my own labels two days ago! Hurray!!) Thank you so much for sending this wishlist book my way, ApoloniaX! I am sure that I will enjoy it!!

Edit: Reserved for keeta1 in th wishlist-tag game.