corner corner Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken

Welcome to My Planet: Where English Is Sometimes Spoken
by Shannon Olson | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/15/2012

status (set by Annimanni): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

From the back:

"Shannon has reached adulthood only to discover that credit cards don't pay themselves off, no obvious mate has appearead with her name pinned to his jumper, and a job for a software company doesn't quite make ends meet. When she's driven, reluctantly, to move home, she's drawn into the infuriating world of her mother, Flo, with her insistence on reheating the most ancient of leftovers and maintaining her mid-life crisis - and mother and daughter struggle to redefine their own boundaries.

Welcome To My Planet is a wry, comic novel from a funny and fresh author."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, January 31, 2015

This was a very enjoyable holiday read. I liked the warm, affectionate way Olsen described her characters. The humour was warm-hearted as well.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Apartamentos Masaru in Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/31/2015 UTC) at Apartamentos Masaru in Puerto de la Cruz, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain

Happy reading! Enjoy your holiday :)