corner corner Parallel Lives: Five Victorian Marriages

Parallel Lives: Five Victorian Marriages
by Phyllis Rose | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingquietorchidwing of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 11, 2012

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingquietorchidwing from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Traces the marriages of 4 prominent Victorians: John Stuart Mills, Charles Dickens, Thomas Carlye (twice) and George Elliot. Interesting in that these are no 'normal' couples of their age, or are they?.

Journal Entry 2 by wingquietorchidwing at University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Left on the statue of the McNeelys, which has been moved away from their School of Social work building. Alas, marriages last longer than memories of donations.
[snap]

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!