corner corner BITTER FAME PA

BITTER FAME PA
by Anne Stevenson | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingquietorchidwing of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 11, 2012

status (set by Gina2105): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingquietorchidwing from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 11, 2012

A widely acclaimed biography of Sylvia Plath. It caused a bit of an uproar when it came out, and caused her husband Ted Hughes to write his own biography so as to control his part of Plath's legacy. I've held on to this for a long time, it's time for a new reader.

Journal Entry 2 by wingquietorchidwing at park bench by Mississippi River and Summit in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, May 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/11/2012 UTC) at park bench by Mississippi River and Summit in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Left by the water fountain.
[snap]

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by Gina2105 at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I found the book on a bench at the end of Summit Avenue on Friday, May 11, 2012 when I was taking a walk. I was in St. Paul to attend my daughter's graduation from Macalester College. I've brought the book home to Washington State and plan to see if anyone in my book club would like to read it.

Journal Entry 4 by marissazhere at Bellingham, Washington USA on Friday, September 21, 2012

Just found this today in a bathroom cupboard in the Little Cheerful restaurant downtown. I have never valued my skills at bathroom (and general) snooping more than now... I can't help but rummage through openable furniture whenever I find it in public places! Also, I have a longstanding fascination with Sylvia Plath--I am a writer myself and she was an early influence on my poetry--so finding this book felt incredibly fated. I shall read and release it as quickly as I can!

Journal Entry 5 by Gina2105 at Bellingham, Washington USA on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I'm sorry I'm late in submitting my entry announcing my release of this book. (And so the entries are listed out of order here.) My daughter and I left it on a window sill at the "Little Cheerful Cafe" in Bellingham on September 10th. Not sure how it got to the bathroom but I'm glad the book was found!