corner corner Son of Heaven

Son of Heaven
by DAVID WINGROVE | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Oedde of Darmstadt, Hessen Germany on Friday, May 04, 2012

status (set by spikebogdan): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Oedde from Darmstadt, Hessen Germany on Friday, May 04, 2012

I found this book today! It was at Pension Ani in the centre of Vienna, Austria, and it had been left in the lobby next to a yellow pages type of book. It made me so happy I released a book there in turn. But Son of Heaven doesn't look like a book I would want to read, so I will have to figure out who to give it to or where to release it.
It's currently in Geras, a little town in Niederoesterreich (Austria) close to the Czech border.

Journal Entry 2 by Oedde at Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania and Partium Romania on Thursday, May 10, 2012

This is the book's blurb:
"The year is 2065, two decades after the great economic collapse that destroyed civilization. With its power broken and its cities ruined, life in the West continues in scattered communities. In rural Dorset, Jake Reed lives with his 14-year-old son and memories of the great collapse. Back in '43, Jake was a rich, young futures broker, immersed in the datscape of the world's financial markets. He saw what was coming - and who was behind it. Forewarned, he was one of the few to escape the fall.
For 22 years Jake has lived in fear of the future, and finally it is coming - quite literally - across the plain towards him. Chinese airships are in the skies and a strange, glacial structure dominates the horizon. Under the rule of the mighty Tsao Ch'un, a resurgent China is seeking to abolish the past and bring about world peace through rigidly enforced order. But a civil war looms, and Jake will find himself at the heart of the struggle for the future."

Well, this definitely isn't for me ;)

It seems to be the first book of a series called "Chung Kuo" and was first published in 1988, although this copy was published in 2011. It travelled through Hungary with me and is now in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.

Journal Entry 3 by Oedde at Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania and Partium Romania on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/14/2012 UTC) at Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania and Partium Romania

I gave this book to my Romanian-German language partner.

Hope you will like it! Keep it as long as you like but please remember to make a journal entry :-)

Journal Entry 4 by spikebogdan at Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania and Partium Romania on Thursday, May 17, 2012

I got it a few days ago from mein freundin Ute (danke schön!), didn't have time to read it yet.