corner corner Warning: When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple

Warning: When I Am an Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple
by Jenny Joseph | Poetry
Registered by DubaiReader of Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

status (set by linguistkris): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by DubaiReader from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

This dear little book was sent to my by Esther, alias Orangewords, who has been a great BookMoocher over the years and sourced so many books for me from US.

It seems the perfect little gift to travel with one of my Wish List Tag books. I haven't decided who is going to get it yet but it will be on its way soon :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingfootymadgillwing at Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Currently being sent with Silk...I hope this little book travels well!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfootymadgillwing at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/12/2012 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent on to the next person in the ring...I hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by JoolsW at Haworth, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 14, 2012

Thanks for sending this along with the "Silk" Bookray. I've always liked this poem and I will definitely enjoy choosing a page and colouring it in, before passing it on to the next reader
: )

Journal Entry 5 by JoolsW at Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (10/10/2012 UTC) at Fellow Bookcrosser, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

I enjoyed choosing my page and colouring in the picture! This book is now travelling with 'Silk' to the next person in line - thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, October 12, 2012

Received today with 'Silk', I'm looking forward to some colouring therapy in memory of oppem.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCassiopaeiawing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (10/24/2012 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...
Accompanied the bookring Silk.

Journal Entry 8 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Arrived with the book Silk. Many thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 9 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 15, 2012

One of the things that I am looking forward to when I get older is being able to embarrass my children and not have them chastise me for it, rather shrug their shoulders and put it down my age. Just think I will not have to worry if I'm hip or trendy(not that I am now), whether or not my shirt matches my trousers, I'll even be able to shop in M & S,assuming the pension will stretch to it, without looking out of place.I won't have to be politically correct when out in public running anyone who happens to be in my way in my souped up mobility scooter no matter what their age,gender or colour. In fact I won't have to impress anyone and be able to regress to my childhood. In fact it will be even better because my own parents will not be about to tell me off. Well there has to be something to look forward to as body parts start to give up the ghost.

This little book based on this lovely poem hints of things to come and should bring a smile to everyones lips no matter their age. Personally I would have liked to have seen another poem or two along the same lines and the illustrations were rather drab, on the plus side it is small enough to fit in a pocket and cheer up any commute.

Journal Entry 10 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 16, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (11/16/2012 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

On its way to Germany next. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oh how cool, a sort of colouring book along with "Silk"! I look forward to doing some colouring.

Journal Entry 12 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Thursday, November 29, 2012

What a cute little book. Thanks for sending it along with "Silk"!

Journal Entry 13 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Monday, December 03, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/3/2012 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

Off to the next reader / colourer!

Journal Entry 14 by madmadge at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Thursday, December 13, 2012

This little book arrived with Silk this afternoon. I am familiar with this poem but shall enjoy reading it again and colouring a picture of my choice (if I can borrow some felt pens from one of my grandchildren). I believe there are Red Hat groups which one can join so I did a little research and came up with several. The idea originated in the USA but here is a link to the UK groups:

Perhaps I should join one?

Journal Entry 15 by madmadge at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Friday, December 21, 2012

What fun! I loved reading this poem again and I might even go out and buy a purple dress and a red hat! I enjoyed colouring my picture too - all my grandchildren are now to old to enjoy colouring so I had to buy some felt pens. I will send it along with Silk to the next participant after Christmas.

Journal Entry 16 by madmadge at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom on Monday, January 07, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/7/2013 UTC) at Christchurch, Dorset United Kingdom

I'm posting this off to Tsjara in the Netherlands today.

Journal Entry 17 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Arrived here safely on this snowy day together with Silk. Thanks for sending Madmadge and for the lovely card! I will choose a picture to colour in. :)

Journal Entry 18 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (2/19/2013 UTC) at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Cute little book. I really liked the poem, it made me smile. And I enjoyed the coloring, haven't done that in a very long time. :p

The book is now travelling together with Silk to Esme-Weatherwax.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 19 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Monday, February 25, 2013

arrived safely

Journal Entry 20 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Saturday, March 23, 2013

I enjoyed this little book and coloring it.

Journal Entry 21 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/22/2013 UTC) at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland

Ok I talked to DubaiReader about this book and he said it was ok for me to pass it on with in Europe. So I passed it on to Nut ( I believe that is her BCing name) to then take it to Gothenburg, Sweden for the convection which I think it will go down well.

Journal Entry 22 by Esme-Weatherwax at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/22/2013 UTC) at Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland

Journal Entry 23 by wingrahar109wing at Farnborough, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 20, 2013

I coloured the page with the fire alarm while in Gothenburg for the Convention.

Journal Entry 24 by wingMissMarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 22, 2013

I found this on the table that said 'Not for wild release' and picked it up because it was in memory of oppem who started the birthday RABCK which I have enjoyed so much these past 2 years.
It wasn't till I got home from Gothenburg that I realised that you get to colour in a page. Now I like it even more. And when I get old I will definately be wearing purple!

Journal Entry 25 by nut at Kilkenny City, Co. Kilkenny Ireland on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Received from Esme-Weatherwax vis SCA post :-)

Brought it to the Gothenburg convention, and coloured a vase of flowers there.

Journal Entry 26 by wingMissMarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 03, 2014

I picked this book up at the Gothenburg Convention. I have coloured in a page and am now taking it to the Melbourne Convention.

Journal Entry 27 by wingGhaneschawing at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

An sympathische Bookcrosser sollte auch nach ihrem Tod gedacht werden.

Das Büchlein darf nun etwas durch deutsch/ österreichische Lande reisen und findet garantiert noch andere Bookcrosser die Bunte Stifte daheim haben...

Journal Entry 28 by wingGhaneschawing at Control release in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Oberösterreich Austria on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (4/15/2014 UTC) at Control release in -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Oberösterreich Austria

es werden sich noch Leser finden, denke ich !

Journal Entry 29 by wingZa-idawing at Fürth, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wow - I'm so surprised!!! Today the book arrived in Fürth, a small town in Bavaria, incredible :-)

So many countries! And the title is really funny: I have been wearing purple since I was 15 years old...

And: last week I had to colour pictures, the first time since a lot of years and now again!

Well, I am a very nosy person, so I searched the profile of oppem. And that was very emotional for me: Her last day she released a book and now she has wings...
And the text, which Bookcrossing wrote on her profile in memory of her is purple.

MissMarkey: I am looking forward to welcome you at the Unconvention in Nuremberg!

Journal Entry 30 by wingZa-idawing at OBCZ Blaues Haus in Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (4/24/2014 UTC) at OBCZ Blaues Haus in Nürnberg, Bayern Germany

Now I remember: I have read it a lot of years ago and I enjoyed it again now! A really cute book.

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When I am old, and continue wearing purple ;-)

I'll take it to our monthly meetup, I'm sure, somebody will pick it up!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal Entry 31 by wingDartqueenwing at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, April 25, 2014

Beim meetup gleich durchgelesen und ich freue mich schon darauf alt zu werden ;)

Reading at the meetup and I'm looking forward to get old now ;)

Journal Entry 32 by Lesenmachtfroh at Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, April 25, 2014

Read the booklet during our monthly meeting and really enjoyed it , but when I am an Old Women I shall still upset people as I always used to do, but I shall never wear purple. I shall stick to green forever, preferably lesenmachtfrohgrün.

Journal Entry 33 by wingZa-idawing at Fürth, Bayern Germany on Friday, April 25, 2014

I took the book home again after the meetup.

It probably will travel in Germany soon...

Journal Entry 34 by wingZa-idawing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (5/3/2014 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

You still have enough time to think about what to do when you are old... ;-)

Journal Entry 35 by winglinguistkriswing at Solingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

What a lovely idea! Thank you so very much for allowing me to play along with this special bookray. Now, I never knew oppem, but I feel honoured to be a part of this journal project in her memory.