corner corner The Evil Seed

The Evil Seed
by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Chremajora of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

status (set by rodespringbal): available

Journal Entry 1 by Chremajora from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The blurb on the back says:
It's never easy to face the fact that a man you once loved passionately has found the girl of his dreams, as Alice discovers when Joe introduces her to his new girlfriend Ginny. Jealous, Alice is repelled by Ginny - an ethereal beauty with a sinister group of friends.

Then Alice finds an old diary hidden away in Ginny's room and reads about Daniel Holmes and his friend Robert and the mysterious woman who bewitched them both - Rosemary Virginia Ashley, buried in Grantchester churchyard half a century ago - buried but far from forgotten.

As the stories intertwine, past and present are merged into one; Alice comes to realize that her instinctive hatred of Joe's new girlfriend may not just be due to jealousy as she's plunged into a nightmare world of obsession, revenge, seduction - and blood.

*****

Yikes!

This is Joanne Harris' "haunting debut novel" and I am looking forward to reading it. I already know who I am going to pass it on to next...

Journal Entry 2 by Chremajora at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, May 14, 2012

Well, I have to say I wasn't very keen on this one - maybe because vampires are just not my cup of tea! I hope it finds a better home with the winner of the Acts of Kindness Sweepstakes!

Journal Entry 3 by Chremajora at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/15/2012 UTC) at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium

Here is Part Two of what I am sending you for the Acts of Kindness Sweepstake. I hope you like it (it's a wishlist book, isn't it?) and I hope Pumba enjoys his Act of Kindness, too :D

Journal Entry 4 by wingrodespringbalwing at Moerbeke-Waas, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Friday, May 18, 2012

Thank you very much for this wishlistbook. And Pumba likes his treats :)
Will read this in the summerholiday :) THANKS!!!!!