corner corner Jake's Thing

Jake's Thing
by Kingsley Amis | Literature & Fiction
Registered by inkognitoh of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/1/2003

status (set by inkognitoh): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by inkognitoh from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, November 01, 2003

*Shortlisted for the Booker Prize in 1978*

Found on the bookshelf at a Torquay Backpacker hostel. This is a lovely little hardcover and a must read on my quest to conquer the Booker Prize shortlist archive.

Journal Entry 2 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

I really struggled with this book. I was most definitely not the target audience for it and felt the humour and 'issues' about as flacid as Jake's thing was at times. Middle aged issues as viewed, dealt with and told by a man. Extremely British humour and situation comedy. Jake's thing, not my thing.

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at The View Tube in Stratford, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/13/2013 UTC) at The View Tube in Stratford, Greater London United Kingdom

Left on the book table in the View Tube cafe while meeting up some folk from Twitter. I was moored at Old Ford Lock so the wander around the Greenway was a pleasant Sunday stroll.