corner corner Red Box, The

Red Box, The
by Rex Stout | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by allysther of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/30/2012

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, November 18, 2016

This book is from the library of Purple58
She was a crappy Bookcrosser
But a wonderful human being

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, November 18, 2016

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

This book came home from purple58's wonderful send-off with me. I think Holly would have loved her final party and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.

This book will be heading out soon in honor of an exceptional woman who would be happy to see her books keep traveling.

center>~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Themes for Secretariat's 2016 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (4th quarter):

Week 40: fall colors (red, yellow)
Week 48: authors names with embedded nouns (stout)
Week 52: giftwrap colors (red, white, yellow)

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Safeway Pali Highway in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, January 02, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/1/2017 UTC) at Safeway Pali Highway in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Sunday, January 1, 2017: left on top of the Redbox kiosk inside the store. (Larger photo here - after following link, click on image to zoom.)

Released for Secretariat's 2016 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 53: 4th quarter re-do). I'll also count this for Davros-10's 2017 TV Challenge...and also for ekorren's 52 towns in 52 weeks challenge

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!